Bear Viewing Day Tour
- Witness the world’s largest bears in the wild with an expert guide/bush pilot
- Land on beaches and grasslands within Lake Clark National Park
- Picnic lunch included
- Hotel pickup/ drop-off included
On this 7 to 8 hour Alaska Bear Viewing tour within Lake Clark National Park, our dedicated guide/bush pilot will take you on the trip of a lifetime. You’ll experience Alaska bears in ways that will change you forever. This adventure is designed around a maximum 5-1 ‘explorer’ to guide ratio. Our guides get you out of the plane and literally into nature. We place emphasis on your safe wilderness interaction using our experience and skills. Viewing bears in their natural habitat is incredible, because their natural habitat is so stunning! Let us show you.
After receiving a thorough safety briefing and outdoor orientation, you’ll depart for the wilds of Alaska! Our specially equipped and modified late model Cessna’s (big tires, heavy duty landing gear, every seat a window seat…) makes this air travel unique to anywhere in the world. Landings are on beaches and grasslands within Lake Clark National Park including, both Chinitna Bay and Silver Salmon Creek. Our company is a respected operator, and one of a few permitted by the NPS for such activities. We practice nature sustaining and animal respectful interactions.
You and your guide will spend literally hours roaming beaches, meadows, and streambanks finding and watching these incredible animals. The walking and exploring will be like nothing you’ve likely experienced and slowly you’ll become one with nature. This is our measure of success and our goal for this experience. (Note: This will be an active endeavor involving level hiking and beach walking.)
Later in the adventure we’ll land on a secluded shoreline and share a picnic lunch. We’ll probably even see more bears (from a distance). We’ll watch the tides come in as you and your fellow explorers enjoy lunch, compare photo’s, round out your friendships, and plan your next Alaska trip! Our flight home will often encompass glacier views, mountains, and maybe an active volcano. You’ll be pleasantly tired and may snooze while listening to our music, but hopefully you will be changed forever with this unique experience.
We utilize specially modified Cessna and DeHavilland wheeled planes where every seat is a window seat. Music, two-way Bose noise-cancelling communication headsets, and on board beverages are standard on our flights. Our experienced Alaska pilots were raised in this very country and love showing it off.
We Know Where the Bears Are!
- Total Duration: 7 to 8 hour experience.
- Dates of Operation: May thru September. One daily departure (from Anchorage). Times may vary due to tide schedules.
- Children should be over 10 years for this tour. Due to the remoteness and unimproved locations where we travel, regretfully, we cannot accommodate disabilities or those travelers that cannot walk/hike unassisted.
- Maximum number of travelers on this adventure is 5.
Price: $725.00 per person
- Transportation from your location in Anchorage
- Round trip scenic flight to Lake Clark National Park with beach landing
- Services of professional bear viewing guide
- Bug Spray
- Extra Rain Gear
What to Bring:
- Sturdy, comfortable footwear
- Warm, layered, comfortable clothing