Updated: March 3rd, 2021
We would like to update you on our current operating status as well as update you on what it feels like to travel in Alaska right now.
We are pleased to announce that, despite the complications, there has never been a better time to come to Alaska! The reduced crowds have opened up opportunities that we have not had for a couple of decades. There is less crowing, less waiting, and less traffic on the roads. Though not all of our valued partners are operating, those who can are willing to talk about customizing their offerings to better fit the small family/friend groups we are hosting. Between the winter scenery and reduced crowds, this truly is a unique time to visit the Greatland!
Negative COVID Test Required:
To ensure the health and safety of our guests and our local community Greatland Adventures is currently REQUIRING proof of negative COVID-19 test results taken within 72 hours of your tour departure date. This requirement includes both public and private tours. Please feel free to view our website, and if you don’t see what you want, send us an email or give us a call, and we can talk about what is available and how that fits in with your interests.
We are creating customized multi-day itineraries for small groups. Our guide service is flexible and based on a day rate. That means, though our knowledgeable staff will have a framework of options, their time is your time, and your interests are first and foremost. You can have the guide for day tours out of Anchorage or multiple-day road trips. Our office staff is creative in putting together the perfect fit for you, and our guides are responsive to spontaneity on the road.
What we are doing to keep you and our staff safe:
- All of our guides and staff are being tested for COVID-19 on a weekly basis
- We are diligently sanitizing our vehicles and gear before and after every tour
- Our guides and staff are following all local and state mask mandates
We require the wearing of masks where businesses request it. It is important we honor the ways our fellow Alaskan small businesses are coping with the ever-changing environment.
What is new regarding official Travel and Mandate Updates:
- The State of Alaska has a new protocol for incoming visitors. Beginning August 11th, 2020, the State of Alaska is requiring a Negative Test Result to enter.
- The Municipality of Anchorage requires all people to wear a mask when in Public or Communal Spaces. Such as grocery stores, shops, and retail stores.
- The State of Alaska does not have a statewide mask mandate but recommends wearing one when indoor public spaces.
According to the State’s COVID-19 Travel Update, “All non-residents must arrive with a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to departure or proof of a pending test result from a test taken within 72 hours prior to departure”. The most updated information can be found on the Governor’s website. Governor Dunleavy-Alaska. If you plan to visit Alaska, please read the traveler information and check back in periodically for any changes. You can also call us, and we can relay what we know.
What is new regarding dining:
- Within the Municipality of Anchorage, restaurants are open for dine-in at 25% capacity with take out and delivery options.
- Outside of Anchorage, private businesses are subject to their own discretion, and dine-in options may be available.