Matanuska Glacier Private Tour
- Fully private tour with hotel pickup and drop-off
- Explore Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road with a glacier expert
- Wonderful photo opportunities of majestic blue glacial ice
- All glacier hiking equipment provided
- Warm winter clothing and boots provided
Price: $745 per group of 1-6, or $1145 per group of 7-13, or $1545 per group of 14-20, or $1945 per group of 21-30, plus $100 per person
- Services of a professional Alaskan tour guide
- Transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Private tour of glacier with glacier expert
- All glacier equipment and warm winter clothing
- Snacks and bottled water
- Gratuities (Suggested $10-20 per person)
Start Booking Now
Steve was the best tour guide I have ever had. He took us out to Matanuska Glacier, kitted us out with crampons, and explained the history and movement of the glaciers. Beyond his knowledge of the most amazing local spots, he is a true wealth of knowledge when it comes to local plants, animals, and geology. I would highly recommend Greatland Adventures!
Steve Busby is the best tour guide in Alaska. He took my wife and I to the Matanuska Glacier, which is about 1.5 hour drive from Anchorage. Steve is fun, knowledgeable and personable. He answered every question and provided information about the history of Alaska and its people, including the regions of native people, who do subsistence living. My wife and I have just stepped into our 70s and Steve made sure we could cross crevasses and walk on the glacier and he did it without hovering...We had a day more wonderful than anything we could have imagined, thanks to Steve. I highly recommend Steve and his guides for every tour he does.
We hiked the Matanuska glacier on our way from Anchorage to Glennallen. Our guide, Bill, was awesome! He was very knowledgeable about Alaska, the glacier and all of the wildlife and scenery we saw. He brought crampons and hiking sticks and led us up and onto the glacier, picking paths that were safe and very scenic. Bill took us to some unique areas to see different aspects of the glacier and different types of surfaces. We had a delicious lunch at a local restaurant overlooking the glacier. It was an amazing experience - prompting our 18-year old to say it was the coolest thing she had ever done! We highly recommend this hike and tour. Thanks, Bill!