Anchorage Northern Lights Tour
- The best northern lights tour in Anchorage!
- Photos, portraits, and warm winter clothing included
- Personalized forecast service. Know before you go!
- Exclusive northern lights guarantee*
- Warm shelter, hot drinks, and snacks provided
The Aurora Borealis is one of the most amazing natural wonders on earth. Join us on a quest to view and photograph the Northern Lights in and around the greater Anchorage area.
We use innovative technology to forecast Aurora viewing conditions. Each night’s tour location is chosen to maximize your chances to view the lights. Our tour locations are chosen based on weather forecast, aurora strength and driving distance from Anchorage. Our team of experts will get you to the most strategic location possible to see the Northern Lights.
To ensure our guests go out on the best possible night(s) during their visit, we offer a valuable industry exclusive forecasting/insurance service. This service is $10 per person. This non-refundable service fee* includes a personalized Aurora forecast each night you are booked and provides you with the opportunity to either: join us on favorable nights, reschedule your tour to the next night you have available or cancel your tour on unfavorable nights. This forecasting service is unprecedented in the industry and only available through Greatland Adventures.
This tour is designed for anyone visiting the Anchorage area that has an interest in viewing the Northern Lights. For those guests visiting Alaska specifically to see the Northern Lights, we also recommend joining our Fairbanks Northern Lights Tour. Our tours include web quality Aurora portraits and basic photography instruction.
We use our fleet of comfortable tour vehicles as traveling base camps, in addition to heated portable winter shelters when possible. Tours generally depart between 9-11 pm and return between 3-5 am, depending on the season and forecasted conditions. The tour departs from our downtown office location at 410 K Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99501. Hotel drop off is included at the end of the tour.
Due to ever-changing space and earth weather conditions, we recommend you book for each and every night you have available, beginning with the first night of your visit. This will maximize your chances of viewing success.
Price: $235.00 per person + $10 per person non refundable forecasting/insurance fee
Departure Time: 8-11 PM
Duration: 8 Hours
- Services of a professional Alaskan Aurora Guide
- Aurora Forecasting Service
- Photographs and portraits
- Transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Aurora science education
- Warm winter shelter
- Snacks and hot drinks
- Gratuities for Guides (Recommend $20 per person)
- Private Tours may be available upon request for scenarios such as: children under 12, early morning flights, marriage proposals, guests with mobility issues or other unique circumstances.
- We require 2 guests minimum to operate a tour
- End of tour drop-off is available at Anchorage hotel locations only and NOT available for private residences (ie Airbnb or VRBO) or at Alyeska Resort. For guests staying at other locations, we can drop-off at the nearest hotel to your accommodation.
*Please contact us for details regarding our exclusive northern lights guarantee. Our guarantee applies to participants only and is non-transferable.