Winter Glacier and Wildlife Cruise
- Enjoy a magnificent small boat glacier cruise to Blackstone Bay
- Wonderful photo opportunities of incredible glaciers, sea otters, sea lions, harbor seals, bald eagles, and much more
- Snacks and hot drinks provided
- Round-trip transportation from Anchorage with admission to Alaska Wildlife Conservtion Center available
Our journey up Blackstone Bay takes us along the shores of this fascinating fjord carved by the ancient glaciers on their great retreat. It is an epic story of the powers between ice and granite. Live the history of glaciations as we cruise among the sheer cliff walls, wide glacier outwash streams, and deep grooves and striations scoured in the rock walls.
Just a short 1 hour cruise takes us to the stunning landscape of Blackstong Bay where we can marvel at huge tidewater glaciers, numerous waterfalls, and hanging glaciers in the surrounding mountains. En route we’ll stop to photo sea otters and harbor seals that make their home in this part of the sound. During our adventure we’ll step ashore to experience the natural geology and thick rainforest. Enjoy a snack and hot drink as you reflect on your journey and this magnificent nook of Alaska.
Price: $175 per person
- 3.5 hour scenic small boat glacier cruise to Blackstone Bay
- Round-trip transportation from Anchorage, admission to Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, and a deli lunch - $175
What To Bring:
- Warm layered clothing
- Rain-gear or poncho