Go dog sledding on real snow via a scenic helicopter ride! Round trip transportation from Anchorage available.
- Helicopter flight over the majestic Chugach Mountains and surrounding glaciers
- Includes 1-Hour dog sled adventure on real snow
- Small group sizes allows intimate experience with real sled dogs
- Excellent Chances of seeing wildlife
- Scenic helicopter flight over Chugach Mountains with glacier landing on snow
- 1-Hour dog sled experience on real snow
- Overboots and windproof / waterproof gear provided
- $589 per person + taxes & fees
- Hotel pick up and transportation from Anchorage – $59 pp
- 2nd Glacier Landing on Ice – $130 pp
- Additional times may be available. Please call our office at 907-980-8179.
- Please note for guests over the weight of 250lbs, there will be charged a comfort surcharge of $150
The classic Alaskan adventure! Drive your now sled-dog team on real snow in the middle of summer surrounded by amazing scenery. Start this adventure with a spectacular helicopter ride over glaciers and icebergs. We often see moose, black bears, Dall sheep and mountain goats. Land on a huge snow field high on a glacier and enjoy a whole hour with Alaskan sled dogs and their mushers that live here all summer long. Take the dog team for an exhilarating dogsled ride through real snow. You can stand on the runners and mush your own dog team if you want, or just sit on the sled and let the mushers run the team.
The length of this tour makes it perfect for the whole family and we often see three generation having fun together. After your dogsled tour meet the canine athletes that pulled your sled, listen to stories about running sled dog races of over a 1,000 miles long, meet the puppies and of course take pictures with your favorite dogs.
After the tour the helicopter takes you back to the lodge and you’ll fly over the lower glaciers where you can see the blue melt pools and the crevasses. We provide overboots so your shoes stay dry, and we have some extra jackets and warm gear you can borrow if needed.
As a solo traveler I usually veer towards group tours and make my decisions based on ratings. Greatland Adventures definitely lived up to their high ratings and awesome reviews. I have booked several tours with them. From the beginning it was a pleasurable experience with Steve and Rochelle who have excellent communication with their clients and ensure you are fully accommodated for your tour. I did the northern lights tour with Mike who is an excellent guide! Very knowledgeable and he captured some excellent photos of me! I completed the glacier tour with Bill who is also very knowledgeable and ensured we had a great experience at the glacier by getting us there before others arrived and allowing us to safe explore all the accessible crevasses. I absolutely recommend this tour company they are amazing!
I want to sincerely applaud the members of Greatland Adventures! They made me and my friend's trip to Anchorage one of the most amazing experiences ever in our lives... We were all well educated about the lights before we got there and even had a chance to have a pitstop at a gas station to use the toilet and grab a coffee. We even saw the lights that night TWICE! Thank you, Steve! The memories we made will last a lifetime and we are so happy we chose Greatland Adventures. I am telling any and everyone that plans to visit Anchorage to book through them. No question!