Spend your day viewing the amazing brown bears fishing for salmon at Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park via bush plane from Anchorage.
- Witness the world’s largest bears fishing for salmon in the wild
- Intimate 2-3 hours scenic flight by float plane
- Box lunch included
- Wildlife viewing on return flight for beluga whales, moose, and Dall sheep
- Hotel pickup/ drop-off included
- Transportation from your location in Anchorage
- Round trip scenic flight to Katmai National Park Brooks Camp area
- Services of professional Alaskan bush pilot
- Self guided tour of Brooks Camp with national park ranger orientation
- Box Lunch
- $895.00 per person + $14 Katmai National Park Entrance Fee + 3% transportation fee
What to Bring:
- Sturdy, comfortable footwear
- Warm, layered, comfortable clothing
Our fly out Katmai bear viewing adventure takes you to Brooks Falls, where three bear viewing platforms connected by elevated boardwalks allow for close, unobstructed and extraordinary bear viewing in Katmai National Park. In July, lured by spawning salmon, as many as fifty bears can be seen at once along the 1.5-mile Brooks River.
While the Katmai bear viewing at Brooks Falls is self-guided, Katmai National Park Rangers provide an initial briefing upon arrival and are available throughout the park for questions. An on-site wait list for the Lower River bear viewing platform may be implemented when visitation reaches capacity to ensure quality bear viewing. What this means is that sometimes the bear viewing is crowded and the ranger may ask you to move to another platform. The is plenty of room in Katmai overall to see bears.
As a solo traveler I usually veer towards group tours and make my decisions based on ratings. Greatland Adventures definitely lived up to their high ratings and awesome reviews. I have booked several tours with them. From the beginning it was a pleasurable experience with Steve and Rochelle who have excellent communication with their clients and ensure you are fully accommodated for your tour. I did the northern lights tour with Mike who is an excellent guide! Very knowledgeable and he captured some excellent photos of me! I completed the glacier tour with Bill who is also very knowledgeable and ensured we had a great experience at the glacier by getting us there before others arrived and allowing us to safe explore all the accessible crevasses. I absolutely recommend this tour company they are amazing!
I want to sincerely applaud the members of Greatland Adventures! They made me and my friend's trip to Anchorage one of the most amazing experiences ever in our lives... We were all well educated about the lights before we got there and even had a chance to have a pitstop at a gas station to use the toilet and grab a coffee. We even saw the lights that night TWICE! Thank you, Steve! The memories we made will last a lifetime and we are so happy we chose Greatland Adventures. I am telling any and everyone that plans to visit Anchorage to book through them. No question!