Private Anchorage Sightseeing Tour
This fun 3-hour Anchorage sightseeing adventure starts from a pickup location of your choice in Anchorage. First, you’ll visit historic Ship Creek where Anchorage was first settled as a tent city in 1911. Here, you’ll find a thriving urban salmon stream where downtown anglers often catch salmon on their lunch breaks from work. This is also the location of the Anchorage rail terminal for the historic Alaska Railroad.
- Fully private tour with hotel pickup and drop-off
- Experience the best places in Anchorage with a local guide
- Stunning vistas and wildlife viewing opportunities
- Learn about local history, current events, and what it’s like to live in the “Last Frontier”
- Perfect for groups ranging from 1 to 12 passengers
- All ages
- Services of a professional Alaskan tour guide
- Round-trip transportation from your location in Anchorage
- Private transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Snacks and water
- $595 per group, up to 12 people. If your group is larger than 12 people, please call to book.
- 9:00am Departure
- 2:00pm Departure
- Duration: 3 Hours
Gratuities for Guides (Recommend $20 per person).
End of tour drop-off is not available for Alyeska Resort.
On this epic private Anchorage sightseeing tour, your guide will take you to Earthquake Park and Point Woronzof, where you can take in the stunning view of the Anchorage skyline set against the backdrop of the Chugach Mountains and Cook Inlet. You may even catch sight of a moose along the roadway! Next, stop at the busiest seaplane base in the world, Lake Hood. Watch as local bush pilots expertly land their planes and taxi to their landing docks. Following this stop, you’ll visit the incomparable Turnagain Arm and Beluga Point. Take in the majestic scenery and scout for Beluga whales, Dall sheep, mountain goats, black bears, and bald eagles.
Your journey continues into Potter’s Marsh and the Anchorage Coastal Wildlife Refuge, a protected wildlife habitat home to many migratory species of birds in the summer. Next is a visit to Chugach State Park and the stunning vistas of Flattop Mountain. Get a bird’s eye view of the Municipality of Anchorage (which is larger than Rhode Island!) as well as views of Sleeping Lady, Denali, and the Alaska Range on clear days. As the tour comes to an end, you’ll head back downtown where your guide will point out the best restaurants, bars, gift shops, and art galleries before bidding farewell. A perfect introduction to the diverse area that is Anchorage!
In an effort to reduce our footprint, we are no longer providing single-use plastic water bottles. Please bring a reusable water bottle! Fresh Alaskan water will be available to you throughout your tour.
Private Anchorage Northern Lights Tour
Private Matanuska Glacier Tour
Private Turnagain Arm Summer Wildlife Tour