Travel the scenic Seward Highway along Turnagain Arm to Portage Valley. Take a scenic tram to the top of a mountain, cruise an iceberg dotted lake, view Alaska’s iconic animals up close, or hike the many trails. The choice is yours!
- Fully private tour with hotel pickup and drop-off
- Outstanding opportunities to view and photograph wildlife and scenic vistas
- Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center to view and photograph Alaska’s iconic Native animals
- Enjoy an optional one-hour cruise across the stunning scenery of iceberg-dotted Portage Lake
- Enjoy a narrated Anchorage city tour, including all the best dining places
- Services of a professional local Alaskan Tour Guide
- 1.5 hours at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- A scenic ride on the Alyeska Scenic Tram
- Lunch at the Bore Tide Deli at the top of Mt. Alyeska
- Round-trip transportation from your location in Anchorage
- Private transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Snacks and bottled water
- Price: $995.00 per group of 1-14 + $125 per person
From Anchorage, we’ll travel along the scenic Seward Highway. One of only 13 highways in the US with the distinction of “All American Road”. Along the way we will have great opportunities to view and photograph wildlife and scenic vistas. First we stop at the beautiful Hotel Alyeska and the ski town of Girdwood. Take an optional scenic tram to the top of Mt Alyeska for lunch with a view. Next stop Portage, where you will board the mv Ptarmigan for an optional one-hour cruise across the stunning scenery of iceberg-dotted Portage Lake. After the cruise, stop in at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving Alaska’s wildlife. The AWCC takes in injured and orphaned animals year-round, providing spacious enclosures and quality animal care. Here you can view and photograph up close Alaska’s iconic animals that are unable to be released into the wild. Afterwards, head back to Anchorage and enjoy a narrated city tour including all the best dining places!
As a solo traveler I usually veer towards group tours and make my decisions based on ratings. Greatland Adventures definitely lived up to their high ratings and awesome reviews. I have booked several tours with them. From the beginning it was a pleasurable experience with Steve and Rochelle who have excellent communication with their clients and ensure you are fully accommodated for your tour. I did the northern lights tour with Mike who is an excellent guide! Very knowledgeable and he captured some excellent photos of me! I completed the glacier tour with Bill who is also very knowledgeable and ensured we had a great experience at the glacier by getting us there before others arrived and allowing us to safe explore all the accessible crevasses. I absolutely recommend this tour company they are amazing!
I want to sincerely applaud the members of Greatland Adventures! They made me and my friend's trip to Anchorage one of the most amazing experiences ever in our lives... We were all well educated about the lights before we got there and even had a chance to have a pitstop at a gas station to use the toilet and grab a coffee. We even saw the lights that night TWICE! Thank you, Steve! The memories we made will last a lifetime and we are so happy we chose Greatland Adventures. I am telling any and everyone that plans to visit Anchorage to book through them. No question!