Experience the Seward Highway’s scenic beauty as we travel from Anchorage to Portage Valley on this full-day wildlife tour. In addition to observing Alaska’s iconic animals, activity choices abound for guests, from a tram ride to the top of a mountain, to cruising an iceberg-dotted lake or hiking a forested trail.
- Fully-private tour includes hotel pick up and drop off
- Narrated Anchorage city tour with insider tips on dining and shopping spots
- Outstanding wildlife and wilderness viewing and photo opportunities
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center visit to meet Alaska’s most popular animals
- Optional one-hour cruise across beautiful Portage Lake to view Portage Glacier up close
- Suitable and adaptable for all ages!
- Professional, local tour guides
- Round trip transportation from Anchorage hotels
- Admission to Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Private transportation in a clean and comfortable tour van
- Snacks and water (please bring your own reusable water bottles)
- Tour rate for this private experience is $1250 per group (up to 12 guests) + $30/pp
- For groups larger than 12, please contact our office for arrangements
*Book direct with confidence. We guarantee you will receive the best price when booking directly on our website or we will refund the difference + $10! Must show proof of a lower price found elsewhere for the same product and the same departure. Offer valid for tours operated by Greatland Adventures only. Offer not valid for 3rd party products.
Departing from your hotel, this interesting tour travels south of Anchorage along the Seward Highway, one of only 13 United States highways featuring the designation of an “All-American Road.” The trip will be filled with chances to stop and savor the scenery and take photos as we drive Turnagain Arm’s winding roadway on the way to Girdwood and Alyeska Resort. Take an optional tram ride to the top of Mount Alyeska for lunch with a stunning view of the glacial valley below, then climb aboard the van for the short drive to Portage, where guests may choose to embark upon a one-hour cruise to hidden Portage Glacier. Icebergs are a large part of the cruise, so keep an eye out for those beautiful bergy bits!
After the cruise, visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a 200-acre facility dedicated to preservation and protection of the state’s most iconic animals. See moose, bears, wolves, musk ox, and more as you walk or drive the beautiful property, any time of year. After meeting the animals, your guide will turn the van back to Anchorage, offering a narrated city tour that includes the best spots for dining and shopping. End this wonderful day of exploration with a return to your hotel.
Book direct. Best price guarantee!*