The Matanuska Glacier is one of Alaska’s premier destinations. At 27 miles long and 4 miles wide it is Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road.
- Fully private tour with hotel pickup and drop-off
- Explore Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road with a glacier expert
- Wonderful photo opportunities of majestic blue glacial ice
- All glacier hiking equipment provided
- Warm winter clothing and boots provided
- Services of a professional Alaskan tour guide
- Transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Private tour of the glacier with glacier expert
- All glacier equipment and warm winter clothing
- Snacks and bottled water
- Lunch at a local eatery
- $995 per group of 1-12 + $250 per person
Gratuities (Suggested $10-20 per person).
We require that participants wear sturdy, stiff-soled footwear while on this tour.
It also boasts one of the most accessible areas to walk on of any glacier in Alaska. Marvel at the glacier ice that formed thousands of years ago high in the Chugach Mountains. Your day will start with a magnificent scenic drive along the Glenn Highway with stunning mountain vistas and plenty of time for photo stops. Next, we will drive to the toe of the glacier to dawn our ice cleats and helmets and begin exploring the glacier on foot. Each day is unique due to the dynamic nature of the glacier. We generally spend two hours and walk three miles on the ice. After exploring the glacier we will have lunch at a local eatery with stunning views of the glacier and surrounding scenery. Each tour will be customized to suit your group’s interests. This is a once in a lifetime bucket list opportunity to explore glacial ice!