Experience Alaska from new heights. Join us on a half day adventure to a private rock climbing location via helicopter!
Operating dates: May – September
(Dates are flexible based on temperatures and conditions.)
- Scenic Helicopter flight from Knik River Lodge over the Knik Glacier
- Land at a private rock climbing location
- Your guide will assist you in putting on your harness and shoes
- You will receive a safety briefing and climbing instruction
- Spend up to 3 hours on the rock trying different types of routes
- Enjoy lunch on the river bank taking in the majestic views
- The Helicopter will pick you up at the same location
- Top rope rock climbing at a private location
- Rock climbing instructor
- Rock Climbing Shoes
- Trips are weather dependent
- Guests will be outdoors for up 4 hours
- Half-day tours will spend 2-3 hours on the rock
- Guests weight restriction is 290 lbs per person
- Guides will be equipped with safety and rescue gear
- Gratuity for your guide is not included in the trip price
- Keep in mind that this activity involves exposure to heights
- Please pack specific foods you need if you have allergies & restrictions
- $899 per person + taxes & fees
Ages starting at 12 and older, minors must be accompanied by an adult. Adventurous people with a moderate level of fitness. Please note that this activity involves height exposure, your guides will coach you through any fears you may face. No rock climbing experience is necessary. If you have been interested in a new challenging activity, this will be the most scenic place to learn to climb.
Guests with novice, moderate or advanced climbing skills will enjoy this adventure.
The average pack weight for the rock guide is 40lbs. Snacks will be provided on Half Day tours and Lunch will be provided on longer Full day trips. Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime! Experience the thrill of rock climbing in a private location via helicopter ride. Guests will be given climbing gear and a thorough safety briefing and climbing instruction upon arrival. Check out expansive views of the Knik and Colony glaciers after you learn the basics of rock climbing.
This is an adventure you don’t want to miss!