Embark on a journey to view and photograph the Aurora Borealis in and around the greater Anchorage area.
- The best northern lights tour in Anchorage!
- Photos, portraits, and warm winter clothing included
- Personalized forecast service. Know before you go!
- Exclusive northern lights guarantee*
- Warm shelter, hot drinks, and snacks provided
- Services of a professional Alaskan Aurora Guide
- Aurora Forecasting Service
- Photographs and portraits
- Transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Aurora science education
- Warm winter shelter
- Snacks and hot drinks
- $275.00 per person + $20 forecasting/insurance fee
- Departure Time: 8-11 PM
- Duration: 8 Hours
Gratuities for Guides (Recommend $20 per person)
- Private Tours may be available upon request for scenarios such as: children under 12, early morning flights, marriage proposals, guests with mobility issues or other unique circumstances.
- We require 2 guests minimum to operate a tour
- End of tour drop-off is available at Anchorage hotel locations only and NOT available for private residences (ie Airbnb or VRBO) or at Alyeska Resort. For guests staying at other locations, we can drop-off at the nearest hotel to your accommodation.
- Please contact us for details regarding our exclusive northern lights guarantee. Our guarantee applies to participants only and is non-transferable.
The Aurora Borealis is one of the most amazing natural wonders on earth. Join us on a quest to view and photograph the Northern Lights in and around the greater Anchorage area.
We use innovative technology to forecast Aurora viewing conditions. Each night’s tour location is chosen to maximize your chances to view the lights. Our tour locations are chosen based on the weather forecast, aurora strength, and driving distance from Anchorage. Our team of experts will get you to the most strategic location possible to see the Northern Lights.
To ensure our guests go out on the best possible night(s) during their visit, we offer a valuable industry-exclusive forecasting/insurance service. This service is $20 per person/per night. This non-refundable service fee* includes a personalized Aurora forecast each night you are booked and provides you with the opportunity to either: join us on favorable nights, reschedule your tour to the next night you have available, or cancel your tour on unfavorable nights. This forecasting service is unprecedented in the industry and only available through Greatland Adventures.
This tour is designed for anyone visiting the Anchorage area that has an interest in viewing the Northern Lights. Our tours include web-quality Aurora portraits and basic photography instruction.
We use our fleet of comfortable tour vehicles as traveling base camps, in addition to heated portable winter shelters when possible. Tours generally depart between 9-11 pm and return between 3-5 am, depending on the season and forecasted conditions.
Due to ever-changing space and earth weather conditions, we recommend you book for each and every night you have available, beginning with the first night of your visit. This will maximize your chances of viewing success.
As a solo traveler I usually veer towards group tours and make my decisions based on ratings. Greatland Adventures definitely lived up to their high ratings and awesome reviews. I have booked several tours with them. From the beginning it was a pleasurable experience with Steve and Rochelle who have excellent communication with their clients and ensure you are fully accommodated for your tour. I did the northern lights tour with Mike who is an excellent guide! Very knowledgeable and he captured some excellent photos of me! I completed the glacier tour with Bill who is also very knowledgeable and ensured we had a great experience at the glacier by getting us there before others arrived and allowing us to safe explore all the accessible crevasses. I absolutely recommend this tour company they are amazing!
I want to sincerely applaud the members of Greatland Adventures! They made me and my friend's trip to Anchorage one of the most amazing experiences ever in our lives... We were all well educated about the lights before we got there and even had a chance to have a pitstop at a gas station to use the toilet and grab a coffee. We even saw the lights that night TWICE! Thank you, Steve! The memories we made will last a lifetime and we are so happy we chose Greatland Adventures. I am telling any and everyone that plans to visit Anchorage to book through them. No question!