Explore the amazing blue glacier ice of Matanuska Glacier. Our Matanuska Glacier Tour is one of our most popular trips for many reasons, come discover why! We pride our selves on offering intimate, small-group trip experiences. Capped at six adventurers, your Matanuska Glacier Tour will almost feel like a private excursion.
Includes round-trip transportation from Anchorage.
- Matanuska Glacier – walk on glacier ice with a local glacier guide!
- Wonderful photo opportunities of the majestic blue glacial ice.
- Trips are capped at 7 adventurers per guide.
- All glacier hiking equipment is provided.
- Matanuska Glacier tour from Anchorage; hotel pick-up/ drop-off included.
- Matanuska Glacier Guided Tour
- Services of a professional Alaskan tour guide
- Transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Walking tour of Matanuska Glacier with glacier expert
- All glacier equipment
- Snacks and bottled water
- $295.00 per person + taxes & fees
- Departure Time: Between 7:30 – 8:00 AM. Your expert guide will contact you between 7:00 AM – 7:15 AM with your exact pick-up time.
- Duration: 8 Hours
Gratuities for Guides (10% of tour price per person recommended)
- Our minimum age to join the tour is 8 years old. For groups with younger individuals, explore our Private Matanuska Glacier option.
- We require that participants wear sturdy, stiff-soled footwear while on this tour
- Please note pick up is available at hotel locations in Anchorage only. No pick ups available at private residences (ie Airbnb or VRBO) or at Alyeska Resort. These locations will depart from the nearest hotel or at our office downtown.
The Matanuska Glacier is one of Alaska’s premier destinations. At 27 miles long and 4 miles wide it is Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road. It also boasts one of the most accessible areas to walk on of any glacier in Alaska. Marvel at the ice that formed thousands of years ago high in the Chugach Mountains. Your day will start with a magnificent scenic drive along the Glenn Highway with stunning mountain vistas and plenty of time for photo stops. Next, we will drive to the toe of the glacier to dawn our ice cleats and helmets and begin exploring the glacier by foot. Each day is unique due to the dynamic nature of the glacier. We generally spend two hours and walk three miles on the ice. After exploring the glacier we will have lunch at a local eatery with stunning views of the glacier and surrounding scenery. Each tour will be customized to suit your group’s interests. This is a once-in-a-lifetime bucket list opportunity to explore glacial ice!
Interested in a private experience? Learn more about planning a private Anchorage experience for your close friends and family.