The Matanuska Glacier, located two hours northeast of Anchorage, is Alaska’s most accessible glacier, and a popular destination for visitors. With an experienced local guide, walk on the amazing blue ice of this massive glacier, capture incredible photos as you explore the area in a small group of no more than six adventurers per group in our Matanuska Glacier Tour.
Includes round-trip transportation from Anchorage.
- Walk on the ice with an experienced glacier guide!
- Discover wonderful photo opportunities of the stunning blue ice.
- All trips are grouped for six adventurers per guide.
- All glacier hiking equipment is provided
- Hotel pick up and drop off is included from Anchorage
- Fully-guided glacier tour
- Professional Alaska tour guide
- Transportation from Anchorage in a clean and comfortable vehicle
- All glacier equipment
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- Departure time: between 7:30-8 a.m. Your guide will contact you between 7-7:30 a.m. with an exact pick up time.
- Duration: 8 Hours
NOT INCLUDED: Guide gratuity (10% of tour price per person recommended)
- Minimum age to join the Matanuska Glacier Tour is eight years old. For those with younger individuals, explore our Private Matanuska Glacier tour option.
- All participants should wear sturdy, stiff-soled footwear for this tour. No exceptions.
- Pick up is only available at Anchorage hotels. We do not pick up at private residences, vacation rentals (i.e. Airbnb or VRBO), or from Alyeska Resort. Guests at these locations may meet at our midtown headquarters (854 E 36th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99503), or from the nearest hotel. Please contact us for further information (phone 907-980-8179).
- $325 per person + taxes & fees
*Book direct with confidence. We guarantee you will receive the best price when booking directly on our website or we will refund the difference + $10! Must show proof of a lower price found elsewhere for the same product and the same departure. Offer valid for tours operated by Greatland Adventures only. Offer not valid for 3rd party products.
Your daylong experience will start with a scenic drive along the Glenn Highway from Anchorage, with magnificent views of the Chugach and Talkeetna mountain ranges. Your guide will provide opportunities for photo stops, and share the interesting history and geology of this stunning area.
Upon arrival at the Matanuska Glacier, your guide will assist you in donning ice cleats and a helmet and give some safety instructions before heading out on the glacier’s icy surface to begin our explorations. Generally, tours cover up to three miles of terrain and involve walking on uneven ground, stepping up and over obstacles, and navigating small streams. Your guide will explain in detail the origins of these rivers of ice, and point out the ever-changing ice formations that dominate the landscape.
After your hike, enjoy lunch at a local eatery with plenty of time to relax and share stories of your day spent on the glacier.
Each tour is customized to suit the interests and abilities of guests. Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to walk on a glacier!
In an effort to reduce our footprint, we are no longer providing single-use plastic water bottles. Please bring a reusable water bottle! Fresh Alaskan water will be available to you throughout your tour.
Book direct. Best price guarantee!*