Explore magnificent blue glacier ice and ice caves on the Matanuska Glacier. Departs from Anchorage, Alaska.
- Explore Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road with a glacier expert
- Wonderful photo opportunities of the majestic blue glacial ice
- All glacier hiking equipment is provided
- Warm clothing and boots provided
- Lunch included
- Hotel pick-up/ drop-off *
- Services of a professional Alaskan tour guide
- Transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Private tour of glacier with glacier expert
- All glacier equipment
- Lunch at local eatery
- Snacks and bottled water
- $295.00 per person + taxes and fees
- Departure Time: Between 7:30 – 8:00 AM. Your expert guide will contact you between 7:00 AM – 7:15 AM with your exact pick-up time
- Duration: 8 Hours
Gratuities for Guides (10% of tour price per person recommended)
- We require that participants wear sturdy, stiff-soled footwear while on this tour
- Please note pick up is available at hotel locations in Anchorage only. No pick ups available at private residences (ie Airbnb or VRBO) or at Alyeska Resort. These locations will depart from the nearest hotel or at our office downtown.
The Matanuska Glacier is one of Alaska’s premier destinations. At 27 miles long and 4 miles wide, it is Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road. Marvel at ice that formed thousands of years ago high in the Chugach Mountains. It also boasts one of the most accessible areas to walk on of any glaciers in Alaska. Each day is unique due to the dynamic nature of the glacier.
Your day will start with a magnificent scenic drive along the Glenn Highway with stunning mountain vistas and plenty of time for photo stops. Next we will drive to the toe of the glacier to don our ice cleats and helmets, and begin exploring the glacier on foot. We generally spend two hours and walk a total of three miles on the ice. After exploring the glacier we will have lunch at a local eatery with amazing views of the glacier and surrounding scenery. Each tour will be customized to suit your group’s interest. This is a once-in-a-lifetime bucket list opportunity to explore glacial ice!
As a solo traveler I usually veer towards group tours and make my decisions based on ratings. Greatland Adventures definitely lived up to their high ratings and awesome reviews. I have booked several tours with them. From the beginning it was a pleasurable experience with Steve and Rochelle who have excellent communication with their clients and ensure you are fully accommodated for your tour. I did the northern lights tour with Mike who is an excellent guide! Very knowledgeable and he captured some excellent photos of me! I completed the glacier tour with Bill who is also very knowledgeable and ensured we had a great experience at the glacier by getting us there before others arrived and allowing us to safe explore all the accessible crevasses. I absolutely recommend this tour company they are amazing!
I want to sincerely applaud the members of Greatland Adventures! They made me and my friend's trip to Anchorage one of the most amazing experiences ever in our lives... We were all well educated about the lights before we got there and even had a chance to have a pitstop at a gas station to use the toilet and grab a coffee. We even saw the lights that night TWICE! Thank you, Steve! The memories we made will last a lifetime and we are so happy we chose Greatland Adventures. I am telling any and everyone that plans to visit Anchorage to book through them. No question!