Join our Matanuska Glacier Tour this winter. Explore magnificent blue glacier ice and ice caves on the Matanuska Glacier. Matanuska Glacier Tour departs from Anchorage, Alaska. We pride our selves on offering intimate, small-group trip experiences. Capped at six adventurers, your Matanuska Glacier Tour will almost feel like a private excursion!
- Explore Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road with a glacier expert.
- Wonderful photo opportunities of the majestic blue glacial ice.
- All glacier hiking equipment is provided.
- Trips are capped at 6 adventurers per guide.
- Lunch included
- Hotel pick-up/ drop-off *
- Services of a professional Alaskan tour guide
- Transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Private tour of glacier with glacier expert
- All glacier equipment
- Lunch at local eatery
- Snacks and bottled water
- $295.00 per person + taxes and fees
- Departure Time: Between 7:30 – 8:00 AM. Your expert guide will contact you between 7:00 AM – 7:15 AM with your exact pick-up time
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Winter Gear Package, includes Parka, Snowpants, Boots, Hat and Gloves – $25 per person
- Gratuities for Guides (10% of tour price per person recommended)
- Our minimum age to join the tour is 8 years old. For groups with younger individuals, explore our Private Matanuska Glacier option.
- We require that participants wear sturdy, stiff-soled footwear while on this tour
- Please note pick up is available at hotel locations in Anchorage only. No pick ups available at private residences (ie Airbnb or VRBO) or at Alyeska Resort. These locations will depart from the nearest hotel or at our office downtown.
The Matanuska Glacier is one of Alaska’s premier destinations. At 27 miles long and 4 miles wide, it is Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road. Marvel at the ice that formed thousands of years ago high in the Chugach Mountains. It also boasts one of the most accessible areas to walk on of any glaciers in Alaska. Each day is unique due to the dynamic nature of the glacier.
Your day will start with a magnificent scenic drive along the Glenn Highway with stunning mountain vistas and plenty of time for photo stops. Next, we will drive to the toe of the glacier to don our ice cleats and helmets and begin exploring the glacier on foot. We generally spend two hours and walk a total of three miles on the ice. After exploring the glacier we will have lunch at a local eatery with amazing views of the glacier and surrounding scenery. Each tour will be customized to suit your group’s interests. This is a once-in-a-lifetime bucket list opportunity to explore glacial ice!
This experience is also available as a Private Matanuska Glacier Tour and Matanuska Glacier Summer Tour. Our minimum age to join the tour is 8 years old. For groups with younger individuals, explore our Private Matanuska Glacier option.