The Alaska Trifecta! Glaciers, icebergs, and amazing alpine views. Three remote landings in one phenomenal tour. If you only have one day in Alaska, this is a tour you should consider.
Grand Knik Tour
Experiencing the stunning beauty of this area of Alaska by combining three activities is truly an amazing experience. Fly via helicopter past the scenic Lake George. As the helicopter flies up what we call moose meadow, keep your eyes peeled for moose in the valley below. As you descend you’ll realize just how massive the glacier is when the ice wall comes into view. You will have a half-hour to explore and take pictures.
For your second landing, you will fly high above to an alpine meadow where you will have a unique birds-eye view of the massive Knik glacier below. Additionally, one can take in views of Colony and Cataract glacier across Lake George. There is a good chance we’ll see bears, moose, and Dall sheep along the hillsides during the flight.
Finally, your grand adventure has you flying to the middle of the Knik Glacier for a third landing at the azure-colored melt pools. Observe the deep blue ice while learning about the life cycle of glaciers. You will have another half hour to safely explore the glacier with your experienced pilot/guide. Don’t forget your water bottle so you can fill it up with that crystal clear glacier water! An adventure you will be telling friends and family about for years to come!
Helicopter sightseeing with three (!) remote landings
Land next to the massive 100 foot tall Ice Wall at Lake George Glacier
Land on a remote peak for a birds-eye view of the mighty Knik Glacier
Fly down the Great Gorge of the Knik, a National Natural Landmark
Land on the Knik Glacier near the deep blue melt pools
Small group size, very personal tour – learn all about glaciers
Excellent chances of seeing wildlife
Transfers available for purchase from Anchorage for the 10:15am, 12:30pm and 4:30pm departures*
- Helicopter sightseeing with 3 remote landings
- Chances of seeing wildlife
- $629 per adult.
- $579 per child (2-11).
- Departure Time: 10:15 am – 4:30 pm
- Duration: 2 hours
- Total flight time: Approx 30 Min
Gratuities for Guides (Recommend $20 per person)
- Private Tours may be available upon request for scenarios such as children under 13, early morning flights, marriage proposals, guests with mobility issues, or other unique circumstances.
- We require 2 guests minimum to operate a tour.
- Tour pick up and drop off is available at Anchorage hotel locations only and NOT available for private residences (ie Airbnb or VRBO) or at Alyeska Resort. For guests staying at other locations, we can drop-off at the nearest hotel to your accommodation.