Matanuska Glacier Winter Tour
- Explore Alaska’s largest glacier accessible by road with a glacier expert
- Wonderful photo opportunities of the majestic blue glacial ice
- All glacier hiking equipment is provided
- Warm clothing and boots provided
- Lunch included
- Hotel pick-up/ drop-off *
The Matanuska Glacier is one of Alaska's premiere destinations. At 27 miles long and 4 miles wide, it is Alaska's largest glacier accessible by road. Marvel at ice that formed thousands of years ago high in the Chugach Mountains. It also is boasts one of the most accessible areas to walk on of any glaciers in Alaska. Each day is unique due to the dynamic nature of the glacier.
Your day will start with a magnificent scenic drive along the Glenn Highway with stunning mountain vistas and plenty of time for photo stops. Next we will drive to the toe of the glacier to don our ice cleats and helmets, and begin exploring the glacier by foot. We generally spend two hours and walk a total of three miles on the ice. After exploring the glacier we will have lunch at a local eatery with amazing views of the glacier and surrounding scenery. Each tour will be customized to suit your groups interest. This is a once in a lifetime bucket list opportunity to explore glacial ice!
Price: $275.00 per person
Departure Time: Between 7:30 - 8:00 AM. Your expert guide will contact you between 7:00 AM - 7:15 AM with your exact pick-up time.
Duration: 8 Hours
- Services of a professional Alaskan tour guide
- Transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Private tour of glacier with glacier expert
- All glacier equipment
- Lunch at local eatery
- Snacks and bottled water
- Gratuities for Guides (10% of tour price per person recommended )
- We require that participants wear sturdy, stiff-soled footwear while on this tour
*Please note pick up is available at hotel locations in Anchorage only. No pick ups available at private residences (ie Airbnb or VRBO) or at Alyeska Resort. These locations will depart from the nearest hotel or at our office downtown.