Winter Glacier and Wildlife Cruise - Self Driving
- Enjoy a magnificent small boat glacier cruise to Blackstone Bay
- Wonderful photo opportunities of incredible glaciers, sea otters, sea lions, harbor seals, bald eagles, and much more
- Snacks and hot drinks provided
Our journey up Blackstone Bay takes us along the shores of this fascinating fjord carved by the ancient glaciers on their great retreat. It is an epic story of the powers between ice and granite. Live the history of glaciations as we cruise among the sheer cliff walls, wide glacier outwash streams, and deep grooves and striations scoured in the rock walls.
Just a short 1 hour cruise takes us to the stunning landscape of Blackstone Bay where we can marvel at huge tidewater glaciers, numerous waterfalls, and hanging glaciers in the surrounding mountains. En route we’ll stop to photo sea otters and harbor seals that make their home in this part of the sound. During our adventure we’ll step ashore to experience the natural geology and thick rainforest. Enjoy a snack and hot drink as you reflect on your journey and this magnificent nook of Alaska.
Price: $185 per person
- 3.5 hour scenic small boat glacier cruise to Blackstone Bay
- Gratuities ($10-20 per person recommended)
What To Bring:
- Warm layered clothing
- Rain-gear or poncho
* Please Note: No refunds will be provided within 72 hours of tour